My biggest concern with my upcoming immersion into the stunt world is eating right while living in a hotel for three weeks. Not jumping from elevated heights, not being lit on fire, falling down stairs, or being generally pounded for hours. Just food.
So far, with my limited culinary knowledge, the outlook is bleak. It's either the hotel breakfast and fast food, or day after day eating the few things I know how to make without boiling water or a microwave.
The big goals are energy rich carbs and muscle replenishing protein. With full days of fighting six days a week I will need a larger amount than usual. pastas would be an easy given if I had a stove or way to boil water (aside from buying an appliance to do so).
I have heard that leaving rice in a bowl of water overnight will allow it to plump up and absorb the water. Until I try this for myself it remains in a grey area. Here is what I do know:
Nuts/granola are good for protein and iron and are a good snack during the day.
Bananas are good for potassium which will help prevent muscle cramps.
Berries have some good carbs and natural sugars.
Veggies supply freshness, flavor and other nutrients.
Now what the hell do I make with that?
Greg
A blog from the Fight Jam Scrappers sharing their perspectives on stage combat, violence, entertainment, and the psychology of such. Fight Jam Chicago exists to promote an interest and understanding of stage combat, explore new ideas and techniques to enliven and approach violence on stage, to maintain and hone hard earned skills and techniques, to have a rockin' good time with friends in the stage combat community, all on a donation basis!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Food and three weeks of fighting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I forget if you've gone vegetarian or not (my bad, right)... but
ReplyDeleteThere are canned meats (chicken, tuna, etc) and beans that only require a can opener.
Peanut butter and jelly keep well.
Hard cheeses can handle a few days out of the fridge.
Olives.
What about a protein powder type thing just to be sure you're covered?
CNU Anthony :-P
Thanks for the tips! I am psuedo veggie. I still eat fish. Tuna is a good bet as well as pb&j. Didn't know about the harr cheeses, I will definitely give those a shot. I am holding off on protein powders, hopin I wont need them.
ReplyDelete