Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Recovery

So, I was hit by a car while on my motorcycle.
Two cars actually. One plowed into the car behind me, pushing that car into my bike, turning me sideways and slamming me into the car in front, sending all of us into the next car.
It hurt.
My left leg was trapped between the car in front of me and my exhaust pipe. Fortunately I wear full motorcycle gear and my armored pants protected me. When they moved the car forward I was able to get my leg out and walk to the side of the road to lay down.
Amazingly I didn't break anything.
While I am thankful the injuries weren't worse, I had severe whiplash of my neck and torso. The whole week of the accident I couldn't walk, laugh, or dance around my apartment or grocery stores.
It sucked.
I felt like I had been doing crunches for three days straight then someone kicked me in the neck.
That was almost a full month ago. After three weeks I was able to finally start doing more than walk for exercise. I gradually got to the point of being able to not only lead last weeks Jam but to run home afterwards and do a full workout on top of that! Most of that energy is pure excitement over being able to move at all!
The only residual bit is in the base of my neck which feels eternally tense, only slightly, but enough to be bothersome. My muscles also get more sore the day after a workout than they used to.
I am curious to see how it all plays out in the coming weeks with stunt school. I am confident I will be fine (i feel like a friggin tank after coming back from an accident like that!).
I do have some really good medicine though...just in case.
Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment