Fear is a motivator/clarifyer/instigator/guide.
Fear is what continues to push me forward.
My trip to stunt school is born out of the fear from regret and from failure. Fear of failing is different than worrying about failing. Fear highlighted what I was missing; real knowledge and training in the film aspects of combat and stunt work. Without this knowledge and training, success would be unlikely and the danger to myself and others would be heightened. This fear then motivated/guided me.
Worry involves all the things out of your control; other peoples perceptions, random events or accidents, etc. Worry inhibits and stalls action.
What am I worried about?
Injury
The accident has me still a little shaken. I never used to think about injury but after spending a week without any physical activity and two more regaining strength, I am needless to say, scared.
I am rooting this worry out. If I don't I know I am more likely to actually get injured. If left unchecked it will cloud my judgement and hinder my ability to tell when I am really in danger. Worry has the annoying ability to be louder than real fear. Fortunately worry is all in the mind, all I have to do is face it and follow it to its root to conquer it.
Greg
A blog from the Fight Jam Scrappers sharing their perspectives on stage combat, violence, entertainment, and the psychology of such. Fight Jam Chicago exists to promote an interest and understanding of stage combat, explore new ideas and techniques to enliven and approach violence on stage, to maintain and hone hard earned skills and techniques, to have a rockin' good time with friends in the stage combat community, all on a donation basis!
Thursday, July 29, 2010
No Fear...tons of worry.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment