Sunday, August 22, 2010

Heading Home

The past three weeks has without a doubt been one of the best experiences I have had.

The amount I have learned and absorbed is overwhelming.

The bonds made with the other students are concrete.

I have fought wild west style, martial arts flashy, with clubs and knives, flew down stairs, soared off mini trampolines, tackled, rolled, fell, manhandled a car, danced with fire, floated on wire, and fell 40 feet into a giant airbag. All, an extremely large amount of knowledge in a short amount of time.

Above are some of my favorite photos: the mini tramp and crash pad, my fire jacket completely burned through, the wire work pull team working to lift the talent, and the mighty air ram.

While I have come a long way, my training is far from complete. The stuntmans journey has just begun for me. There will always be more to learn and to tweak. It's also an endless job of huckstering and hustling (actually found my way onto a film set at the airport at 3am! Hung out near the kraft services, talked to the costume designer and ended up meeting and exchanging info with the director! All this before even getting halfway out of Seattle. Always have to be ready.)

So while the International Stunt School journey has come to a close, there will be plenty more to come. Thanks for following this adventure and I hope you continue to check in!

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment