So far the stunt training has been the gruelling and essential moves of the business. We were able to do a few flashy body slams and diving at people WWE style today... but that was after spending twenty minutes getting kicked in the crotch.
And that has been the general way of things.
Intense repetition of punches, kicks, head snaps and reactions. It's all about fundamentals. If I can nail the techniques taught over the past few days I will be able to work as a stunt man.
That is the catch though.
In this business I can't just be good, I have to be 110% on every time. Especially if I do get a job. It costs $100,000 a minute to shoot a film. If its my turn on the set and I screw up, I just lost the production between 50 - 100 grand. I don't imagine anyone being to happy about that.
So while it has been tough to slog through and stay focused through 24 hours total of pounding, punishing, repetition, it has been worth it.
Greg
No comments:
Post a Comment