Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tech Tuesday

This weeks tech Tuesday will deal with the new athletic footware craze, the Vibram Five Fingers.

I bought these specifically with stunt school in mind. They claim to be good for running, climbing, boating, yoga, martial arts, etc.

While they are nerdy as hell and definitely get wierd looks when you wear them in downtown Chicago (i have had a few people touch my feet both in Chicago and in Seattle, total strangers) but they are hands down the most comfortable things I have ever had on my feet besides being barefoot.

Truth be told, there is a break in period where your feet need to get used to they lack of cushion and absorbing walking force on the side of the foot and rolling in. After your feet get settled in, it is walking, running, jumping gravy.

How do they work for stunts?

The one thing I have noticed so far is that break falls are hard on the impact on your feet. These shoes are definitely not the best choice for that. All other fighting so far has been awesome. I actually tried to switch back to tennis shoes today and it was way too uncomfortable, I had to switch back the first chance I got.

So, if you are curious I would say try on a pair where you can find them, they work for me so far.

Greg

1 comment:

  1. These are interesting shoes...where in the world did you find them? When I first saw them on your facebook, I thought they were just for doing stunts but in reading your blog I see I am wrong! I think its hilarious that strangers want to touch your feet when you wear them! You are awesome! Thanks for being my kid! <3

    ReplyDelete